|Channel: Reuters: Business News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/businessNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- 'Flashing amber': Global stocks tumble, bonds rally on U.S. recession risk
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 05:03:13 -0400
Investors ditched shares on Monday and fled to the safety of bonds as risk assets fell out of favor on growing fears of a U.S. recession, sending global yields plunging.
- Boeing invites pilots, regulators to briefing as it looks to return 737 MAX to service
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:57:13 -0400
Boeing Co said it invited more than 200 global airline pilots, technical leaders and regulators for an information session on Wednesday as it looks to return the 737 MAX to commercial service.
- Ethiopian Airlines CEO promises to find out why flight 302 crashed
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:57:13 -0400
Ethiopian Airlines will work with investigators in Ethiopia, the United States and elsewhere "to figure out what went wrong with flight 302", the airline's CEO Tewolde Gebremariam said on Monday.
- Ethiopian Airlines has no immediate plans to attend Boeing's U.S. meeting
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:46:52 -0400
Ethiopian Airlines won't attend a meeting in the United States called by planemaker Boeing to tell aviation leaders about a planned update to software that is a focus of investigation in two deadly crashes, an airline spokesman told Reuters on Monday.
- China tech firms, seeking passion and energy, promote younger staff
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:33:42 -0400
Chinese tech giants are in the hunt for young, energetic staff to take the place, in some cases, of veteran managers.
- Fed's Evans says have to be nervous about yield curve, but U.S. economy solid
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:19:05 -0400
Chicago Federal Reserve Bank President Charles Evans said on Monday it was understandable for markets to be nervous when the yield curve flattened, though he was still confident about the U.S. economic growth outlook.
- Private equity-led consortium to buy Inmarsat for $3.4 billion cash
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:09:38 -0400
A private equity-led consortium on Monday agreed to buy British satellite operator Inmarsat for about $3.4 billion in cash, six months after Inmarsat rebuffed a slightly lower cash and stock bid from U.S. satellite group EchoStar.
- Sports Direct opposes any Debenhams plan that wipes out equity
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:07:21 -0400
British sportswear group Sports Direct said any restructuring option pursued by Debenhams that could result in no equity value for the department store group's shareholders "is not a workable solution".
- Apple invites Hollywood to Silicon Valley in TV push
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:03:36 -0400
Apple Inc is expected to finally lift the curtain on Monday on a secretive, years-long effort to build a television and movie offering designed to compete with big media companies and boost digital services revenue as iPhone sales taper.
- Oil prices slip amid worries of severe economic slowdown
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:01:18 -0400
Oil prices slipped on Monday, with concerns of a sharp economic slowdown outweighing supply disruptions from OPEC's production cutbacks and from U.S. sanctions on Iran and Venezuela.
- U.S. buyers of Venezuelan oil sub in Shell, BP offshore crude
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 02:26:07 -0400
U.S. sanctions on Venezuela's oil industry have made winners out of Royal Dutch Shell Plc and BP Plc, Gulf of Mexico offshore heavyweights, as refiners in need of substitutes are scooping up oil produced in the region.
- Trump push for China trade reform draws wide support at home, abroad
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 01:13:51 -0400
U.S. President Donald Trump's blunt-force use of tariffs in pursuing his "America First" trade agenda has angered many, from company executives to allied governments and members of both parties of Congress.
- Uber could announce $3 billion deal with Careem early this week: sources
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 00:10:45 -0400
Uber Technologies Inc is set to offer over $3 billion to buy Dubai-based rival Careem Networks FZ, two sources familiar with the deal told Reuters.
- S&P 500 futures flat after report finds no Trump campaign collusion with Russia
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 18:53:42 -0400
S&P 500 e-mini futures turned flat, after rising slightly, on Sunday after U.S. Attorney General William Barr said Special Counsel Robert Mueller had found no evidence of collusion between President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign team and Russia.
- Exclusive: Telecom equipment provider Avaya considers leveraged buyout - sources
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 14:53:01 -0400
Telecommunications equipment and software vendor Avaya Holdings Corp is considering a leveraged buyout offer from a private equity firm that values it at more than $5 billion, including debt, people familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
- Ethiopian Airlines questions Boeing's 'aggressive' software
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 10:59:09 -0400
An Ethiopian Airlines executive questioned whether Boeing had told pilots enough about "aggressive" software that pushes a plane's nose down, a focus of investigation into a deadly crash in Ethiopia this month.
- American Airlines extends Boeing 737 MAX flight cancellations through April 24
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 10:02:49 -0400
American Airlines said Sunday it will extend flight cancellation through April 24 because of the grounding of the Boeing 737 MAX after two fatal crashes since October and cut some additional flights.
- Bayer CEO says his team retains backing of supervisory board: report
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 08:57:46 -0400
Bayer's management retains the backing of its supervisory board, its chief executive said, after pressure on the company increased when a second jury in the United States ruled its glyphosate-based Roundup weed killer caused cancer.
- China refuses to concede on U.S. demands to ease curbs on tech firms: FT
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 01:43:04 -0400
Ahead of fresh high-level trade talks this week, China is not conceding to U.S. demands to ease curbs on technology companies, the Financial Times reported on Sunday, citing three people briefed on the discussions.
- U.S. airlines visit Boeing as FAA awaits 737 MAX upgrades
Sat, 23 Mar 2019 19:45:42 -0400
Teams from the three U.S. airlines that own 737 MAX jets headed to Boeing Co's factory in Renton, Washington, to review a software upgrade on Saturday, as U.S. regulators prepared to receive and review the fixes in coming weeks.