|Channel: Reuters: Business News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/businessNews/
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Airbus signs preliminary deal for 80 A320neo jets with leasing firm
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:55:05 -0400
European planemaker Airbus said on Monday it had signed a memorandum of understanding to sell 80 of its A320neo passenger jets to an unidentified global aircraft leasing company.
- Romanian airline Tarom, Boeing announce 737 purchase, leasing deal
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:54:19 -0400
Boeing Co and Romanian state-owned airline Tarom said on Monday they had reached a deal over the purchase of five 737 MAX 8 aircraft and a leasing agreement for two 737-800 aircraft.
- BlackRock profit rises as ETF demand continues, iShares flows drop
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:49:51 -0400
BlackRock Inc , the world's biggest asset manager, reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit on Monday, as client demand for index funds helped plump up margins and the company settled into a lower tax rate.
- Boeing, Embraer defend planned deal, expect regulatory approval
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:44:59 -0400
Top Boeing Co and Embraer SA executives on Monday defended their planned commercial aircraft partnership, saying they were confident it would win regulatory approval.
- Deutsche surprises market with earnings forecast upgrade
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:40:49 -0400
Deutsche Bank expects second-quarter net profits will be more than double analysts' forecasts in a rare piece of good news for Germany's largest bank which is cutting costs to try to revive profitability.
- Airbus welcomes UK fighter funding vow; aims to continue collaborative discussions
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:39:36 -0400
European aerospace giant Airbus on Monday welcomed Britain's plans to invest heavily in a new fighter jet capability, and said it looked forward to continuing collaborative discussions with other European players.
- BofA profit beats estimates on loan growth, lower expenses
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:24:15 -0400
Bank of America Corp reported quarterly profit above Wall Street expectations as the second-largest U.S. lender kept a tight leash on expenses and benefited from growth in loans and deposits.
- Linde sells U.S. antitrust assets for $3.3 billion to Messer, CVC
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:23:22 -0400
Germany's Linde said on Monday it would fetch $3.3 billion from selling assets to a consortium of German gases firm Messer and buyout group CVC in a deal to secure antitrust clearance for its planned $87 billion merger with U.S. group Praxair .
- Stocks struggle as earnings hopes compete with China growth fears
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:19:28 -0400
European stock markets struggled on Monday as expectations for a flurry of bumper corporate earnings and merger speculation fought with fears about the escalating trade conflict between Beijing and Washington.
- Laudamotion rejects Lufthansa allegations of late payments
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:13:32 -0400
Austrian leisure airline Laudamotion said on Monday it had always paid its bills for planes leased from Lufthansa in full and on time, rejecting allegations made by the German rival.
- FANG surge leads stock market recovery, putting Netflix in spotlight
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:12:51 -0400
The FANGs have gotten their bite back, and they are helping Wall Street erase the wrenching correction that beset it in February.
- Airbnb breaches EU consumer rules, must fall into line: EU
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 07:00:44 -0400
The European Union told Airbnb on Monday to bring its terms and conditions into line with the bloc's consumer rules or face action by national consumer agencies, after a review of the short-term rental platform found some violations.
- Planemakers kick off air show with billions of dollars of deals
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 06:50:44 -0400
Airbus and Boeing announced more than $10 billion of combined deals in the opening hours of the Farnborough Airshow on Monday, suggesting demand for new jets remains in rude health despite worries over trade tensions and Brexit.
- UK to invest two billion pounds in new fighter programme through 2025
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 06:49:45 -0400
Britain will invest 2 billion pounds ($2.7 billion) to 2025 to develop a fighter jet called Tempest that could be used with pilots or as a drone, its defence minister said on Monday, unveiling a life-sized model of the new stealthy warplane.
- Qatar Airways finalizes order for five Boeing 777 freighters
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 06:26:11 -0400
Qatar Airways has finalized an order to buy five 777 freighters from U.S. planemaker Boeing , the two companies said on Monday.
- Golden Falcon confirms order for 25 A320neos for Wataniya
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 06:16:58 -0400
Golden Falcon Aviation has confirmed an order for 25 Airbus A320neo jets for Kuwait's Wataniya Airways worth around $2.8 billion at list prices, Golden Falcon said on Monday.
- Palm oil sustainability group reinstates Nestle membership
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 06:09:54 -0400
Nestle's membership in the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) has been reinstated three weeks after it was suspended, according to a joint statement issued by the company and the industry watchdog.
- Qatar Airways orders flight simulators from CAE, expands pilot training
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 06:03:10 -0400
Qatar Airways on Monday agreed to buy five full-flight simulators from aviation training firm CAE, executives from both companies said at a signing ceremony at the Farnborough Airshow.
- GE Aviation CEO says changes at GE no constraint for his business
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 05:49:16 -0400
The overhaul at U.S. industrial giant General Electric Co is not a constraint for its aviation arm, "in fact I feel it's the very opposite," the head of GE Aviation said on Monday.
- Northrop Grumman upbeat on talks for German drone contract
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 05:38:25 -0400
Northrop Grumman Corp is upbeat about the prospects for the sale of its high-altitude Triton MQ-4C unmanned surveillance system to Germany, but says the deal could take several years to complete.