|Channel: Reuters: Technology News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/technologyNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- India proposes new e-commerce regulations with focus on data rules
Sat, 23 Feb 2019 10:59:48 -0500
India outlined a new draft policy for its burgeoning e-commerce sector on Saturday, focusing on data localization, improved privacy safeguards and measures to combat the sale of counterfeit products.
- Microsoft workers demand it drop $480 million U.S. Army contract
Sat, 23 Feb 2019 07:27:11 -0500
Some Microsoft Corp employees on Friday demanded that the company cancel a $480 million hardware contract to supply the U.S. Army, with 94 workers signing a petition calling on the company to stop developing "any and all weapons technologies."
- NY governor orders probe into Facebook access to data from other apps
Sat, 23 Feb 2019 07:20:28 -0500
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Friday ordered two state agencies to investigate a media report that Facebook Inc may be accessing far more personal information than previously known from smartphone users, including health and other sensitive data.
- Egypt's top administrative court lifts ban on Uber, Careem services
Sat, 23 Feb 2019 07:01:44 -0500
Egypt's top administrative court on Saturday lifted a ban on operations by ride-hailing companies Uber and Careem, which have faced fierce opposition from traditional taxi drivers, a judicial source and lawyer said.
- Trump says could include Huawei and ZTE in trade deal
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 21:54:44 -0500
U.S. President Donald trump said on Friday he may or may not include Chinese telecommunications companies Huawei Technologies and ZTE Corp in the trade deal being negotiated between the United States and China.
- NASA clears SpaceX test flight to space station
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 18:41:23 -0500
NASA gave its final go-ahead on Friday to billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk's SpaceX company to conduct its first unmanned test flight of a newly designed crew capsule to the International Space Station on March 2.
- Branson's Virgin Galactic takes another step toward space tourism
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 17:25:08 -0500
A Virgin Galactic rocket plane on Friday soared to the edge of space with a test passenger for the first time, nudging British billionaire Richard Bransonâ€™s company closer to its goal of suborbital flights for space tourists.
- Twitter co-founder Evan Williams steps down from board
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 17:07:57 -0500
Twitter Inc said on Friday one of its co-founders, Evan Williams, will be stepping down as a member of its board at the end of the month.
- Intel says its 5G modem chips will not appear in phones until 2020
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 15:49:46 -0500
Intel Corp executives said on Friday its 5G modem chips will not appear in mobile phones until 2020, raising the possibility its biggest customer, Apple Inc, will be more than a year behind rivals in delivering a device that uses the faster networks.
- Japanese space probe touches down on asteroid to collect samples
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 15:22:02 -0500
A Japanese space probe named after a falcon, Hayabusa 2, has touched down on an asteroid more than 300 million km (186 million miles) from Earth on a mission to seek clues about the origins of life, Japan's space agency said on Friday.
- Exxon, Microsoft strike cloud computing agreement for U.S. shale
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 11:16:16 -0500
Exxon Mobil Corp and Microsoft Corp have agreed to use cloud technology in the U.S. oil producer's shale operations, they said on Friday, helping to boost profitability in the nation's largest shale field.
- LendingClub forecasts bigger-than-expected first-quarter loss
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:25:30 -0500
Online lender LendingClub Corp forecast a bigger-than-expected first-quarter loss on Tuesday, and revenue that missed Wall Street estimates, sending its shares down 5 percent in after-market trading.
- Democratic senators urge FTC to act on Facebook 'friendly fraud' practices
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:24:48 -0500
Two Democratic U.S. senators called for the Federal Trade Commission to act on a complaint filed by consumer groups against Facebook Inc on Thursday that alleged the company scammed children into spending money on its platform.
- Goldman Sachs backs U.S. construction finance tech startup Rabbet
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:24:43 -0500
Goldman Sachs Group Inc has backed Rabbet, a U.S. startup that develops software to help make construction finance more efficient, the companies said on Wednesday.
- Cryptocurrency companies use 'backdoor' listings to ease into mainstream
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:22:49 -0500
Several cryptocurrency exchanges have moved closer to mainstream markets by buying listed companies, looking to raise funds and present themselves as embedded in the traditional financial services world they once spurned.
- AT&T pulls ads from YouTube over videos exploiting children
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:16:42 -0500
AT&T Inc pulled all its advertising from Alphabet Inc's YouTube for the second time in two years after a magazine reported the platform displayed ads next to videos that showed the exploitation of children.
- Indian lawmakers summon Facebook officials over citizens' rights protection
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 04:29:16 -0500
An Indian parliamentary panel has summoned representatives of Facebook Inc, its messaging services WhatsApp and photo-sharing app Instagram to appear before it early next month and discuss how to safeguard citizens' rights on social media.
- Tesla rolls out Model 3 in China ahead of schedule in sales push
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 04:26:04 -0500
Tesla Inc has started delivering Model 3 cars in China slightly ahead of schedule, as it looks to revive its sales that have been hit hard by Sino-U.S. trade tensions.
- Digital shopping app JOOM targets France in challenge to Amazon
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 04:12:09 -0500
(This February 21 story corrects to show it has 40,000 new French users, not 4,000 in eighth paragraph)
- Apple teams with Ant Financial, banks for interest-free iPhone financing in China
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 03:28:34 -0500
Apple Inc has teamed up with Chinese payments giant Ant Financial Services Group and several local banks to offer interest-free financing, its first such move in the country as it looks to boost waning smartphone sales.