|Channel: Reuters: Technology News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/technologyNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Shattered glass: Futuristic design questioned after Tesla Cybertruck launch
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 10:03:06 -0500
Tesla Inc's launch of its futuristic Cybertruck pickup suffered a setback when its "armoured glass" windows shattered but it was the overall look of the car that worried Wall Street on Friday, sending the company's shares down 6% on Friday.
- Bitcoin plummets to a six-month low on China crackdown
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 08:07:32 -0500
Bitcoin slumped to a six-month low on Friday after China's central bank launched a fresh crackdown on cryptocurrencies, warning of the risks entailed in issuing or trading them.
- Uber still in the dark on London taxi license renewal, three days before expiry
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 08:03:45 -0500
Uber is waiting to find out whether its taxi license in London, one of its most important markets, will be renewed, just three days before it is due to expire in the latest stage of a long-running battle with the city's transport regulator.
- Tesla's electric pickup breaks the mould with angular design and armored glass
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 07:36:06 -0500
Tesla Inc on Thursday unveiled its electric pickup, a truck with a futuristic angular body in gunmetal gray that resembled an armored vehicle and takes aim at the heart of Detroit automakers' profits.
- Factbox: Tesla, Detroit, Amazon-backed Rivian race to electrify pickup trucks
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 07:36:06 -0500
Tesla Inc debuted its electric pickup truck Cybertruck on Thursday, joining a list of automakers and start-ups that have been working on electrifying pickup trucks - the heart of the Detroit automakers' profits.
- China's Didi could offer more services with advent of 5G: president
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 06:56:51 -0500
Chinese ride-hailing service Didi Chuxing could start offering advertising and other services once the rollout of 5G technology speeds streaming and web-based products for mobile users, its president said on Friday.
- We shouldn't rule any firm out of 5G contracts from outset: Merkel
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 06:50:14 -0500
Germany should not exclude any companies from contracts to build its 5G mobile network from the outset, Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Friday at a meeting of her Christian Democrats at which Huawei's [HWT.UL] German ambitions are a controversial issue.
- Exclusive: Blacklisted Megvii's $500 million HK IPO hit by regulatory setback - sources
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 06:17:37 -0500
Chinese AI firm Megvii Technology's plans for a $500 million listing in Hong Kong have been dealt a setback, with regulators in the city asking the company - which has been blacklisted by the U.S. government - for more information, three sources said.
- China central bank cracks down on cryptocurrency trading in Shanghai
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 06:04:54 -0500
China's central bank launched on Friday a fresh crackdown on cryptocurrency trading in the financial hub of Shanghai, after Beijing's promotion of blockchain technology reignited interest in virtual currencies.
- WeWork to lay off 2,400 employees in SoftBank revamp
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 04:14:05 -0500
WeWork said on Thursday it is laying off around 2,400 employees, almost 20% of its workforce, as the office-sharing company seeks to drastically cut costs after it transformed from a Wall Street darling into a pariah in a matter of weeks.
- Former Twitter worker accused of spying for Saudi Arabia can be released on bond
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 02:40:04 -0500
A former Twitter Inc employee accused of spying for Saudi Arabia may be freed pending trial, a U.S. District Court judge ruled on Thursday.
- Facebook agrees to provide additional documents in California AG data privacy probe
Fri, 22 Nov 2019 00:14:55 -0500
Facebook Inc has agreed to turn over additional documents after the California state attorney general's office went to court this month to compel the social media firm to comply with requests for information in its privacy investigation.
- Telefonica teams up with AT&T in Mexico in new bid to take fight to Slim
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 23:18:58 -0500
Spanish telecoms giant Telefonica has struck a deal to use some of U.S. rival AT&T's infrastructure in Mexico, a move analysts said would better position both to compete with the market's juggernaut, billionaire Carlos Slim's America Movil.
- U.S. senators urge Trump administration to halt Huawei license approvals
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 23:14:14 -0500
A bipartisan group of 15 U.S. senators urged the Commerce Department to suspend issuing licenses to U.S. firms that conduct business with China's Huawei Technologies Co, saying it could threaten U.S. security.
- Microsoft granted license to export 'mass-market' software to Huawei
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 21:07:14 -0500
Microsoft Corp said on Thursday it had been granted a license from the U.S. government to export software to Huawei Technologies Co Ltd.
- Army examines TikTok security concerns after Schumer's data warning
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 20:10:41 -0500
The U.S. Army is undertaking a security assessment of China-owned social media platform TikTok after a Democratic lawmaker raised national security concerns over the app's handling of user data, Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy said on Thursday.
- Xerox threatens hostile bid unless HP opens its books
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 18:40:47 -0500
Xerox Corp on Thursday threatened to take its $33.5 billion buyout bid for HP Inc hostile, if the personal computer maker did not agree to a "friendly" discussion and open its books before Nov. 25.
- Nitro Software plans Australian IPO despite spate of listing cancellations
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 18:25:43 -0500
U.S. firm Nitro Software Ltd said on Friday that it plans to raise A$110.2 million ($74.78 million) through an initial public offering (IPO) in Australia, braving a tough local market where several listings have recently been pulled.
- Judge rejects U.S. move to disqualify states' lawyer in T-Mobile/Sprint lawsuit
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 17:48:19 -0500
A federal judge on Thursday rejected a U.S. government effort to disqualify a lawyer arguing for 15 states and the District of Columbia in their effort to block T-Mobile US Inc's planned $26.5 billion takeover of Sprint Corp .
- French telco watchdog kicks off 5G spectrum sale procedure
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 14:25:45 -0500
France's telecoms authority Arcep kicked off a long-awaited sale of 5G spectrum on Thursday, ending months of intense debate between the country's four telecoms operators and authorities on how to best deploy the new mobile technology.