|Channel: Reuters: Technology News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/technologyNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Toyota establishes research institute in China to study hydrogen, green technologies
Sun, 21 Apr 2019 12:28:26 -0400
Japan's Toyota Motor Corp said on Sunday it was setting up a research institute in Beijing in partnership with Tsinghua University to study car technology using hydrogen power and other green technologies that could ease environmental problems in China.
- Elon Musk's SpaceX suffers capsule anomaly during Florida tests
Sat, 20 Apr 2019 21:56:50 -0400
Elon Musk's SpaceX suffered an anomaly in one of its Crew Dragon capsules while conducting engine tests at the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida on Saturday, the company said.
- China releases new rules on game approvals
Sat, 20 Apr 2019 06:23:03 -0400
China's press and publication regulator has issued new rules on applications for publishing online games in China, signaling a possible acceleration in the handing out of formal approvals.
- U.S. intelligence says Huawei funded by Chinese state security: report
Sat, 20 Apr 2019 02:48:49 -0400
U.S. intelligence has accused Huawei Technologies of being funded by Chinese state security, The Times said on Saturday, adding to the list of allegations faced by the Chinese technology company in the West.
- Cyber expert credited with stopping 'WannaCry' attack admits malware charges
Sat, 20 Apr 2019 02:10:33 -0400
A British cyber security researcher hailed as a hero for neutralizing the global "WannaCry" ransomware attack in 2017 has pleaded guilty to U.S. charges of writing malware.
- Mir card payment system looks beyond Russia
Fri, 19 Apr 2019 07:56:21 -0400
After Western sanctions gutted Russia's financial system five years ago, a new bank card began appearing in the wallets of many Russians.
- Qualcomm's joint venture with Chinese province to shut down: The Information
Fri, 19 Apr 2019 06:23:49 -0400
A joint venture between U.S. smartphone chipmaker Qualcomm Inc and China's Guizhou province will shut down by the end of the month, The Information reported on Friday, citing employees at the venture.
- Foxconn says it remains committed to Wisconsin investment project
Fri, 19 Apr 2019 04:11:12 -0400
Taiwan's Foxconn said on Friday it remains committed to its contract to build a display plant and tech research facilities in Wisconsin, days after the U.S. state's governor said he wanted to renegotiate the deal.
- Nintendo shares jump 17 percent after Tencent wins key China Switch sales approval
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 22:33:31 -0400
Nintendo Co Ltd shares jumped 17 percent in morning Tokyo trade on Friday, a day after China's Tencent Holdings Ltd won a key approval to begin selling Nintendo's Switch console in the world's largest video games market.
- Uber's self-driving unit valued at $7.25 billion in new investment
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 21:49:23 -0400
Uber's autonomous vehicle unit has raised $1 billion from a consortium of investors including SoftBank Group Corp, giving the company a much-needed funding boost for its pricey self-driving ambitions on the eve of its public stock offering.
- Intelsat says satellite made by Boeing fails
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 17:08:10 -0400
Satellite operator Intelsat S.A. said on Thursday one of its satellites made by Boeing Co has failed due to an anomaly related to its propulsion system.
- Pinterest, Zoom shares surge in market debuts after IPOs
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 17:05:45 -0400
Shares of Pinterest Inc surged almost 30 percent in their stock market debut on Thursday, valuing the online scrapbook company at around $16 billion and signaling investor appetite for new tech listings.
- Automakers invest heavily in electric vehicles despite still-low demand
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:23:45 -0400
Demand for electric vehicles remains low in the U.S. market, but industry executives at the New York auto show this week said they are pushing ahead with billions of dollars in investments even while preaching patience.
- Samsung gets reports of Galaxy Fold screen problems, raising specter of Note 7 fiasco
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:14:01 -0400
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said it has received "a few" reports of damage to the displays of samples of its upcoming foldable smartphone, raising the prospect of a less-then-smooth entry for the splashy $1,980 handset.
- Zoom starts trading at $65 per share, 80 percent above IPO price
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:45:18 -0400
Video conferencing company Zoom Video Communications opened at $65 per share on Thursday, 80.6 percent above its initial public offering price, in its debut on the Nasdaq.
- Explainer: Betting on the past? Europe decides on connected car standards
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:19:43 -0400
The European Commission's push to implement a Wi-Fi standard for connected cars has won the support of lawmakers in a victory for Germany's Volkswagen, although competitor BMW and other backers of a rival technology still hope to overturn the decision.
- Google lets Android users in Europe choose rival browsers, search engines
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:05:33 -0400
Users of Android devices in Europe will be able to choose rival browsers and search engines from five options starting on Thursday, a senior Google executive said, as the company tries to quell EU antitrust concerns and stave off fresh penalties.
- Uber unveils safety measures after college student's murder
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 11:58:26 -0400
Uber Technologies Inc said it was rolling out new safety features to help riders avoid fake rideshare drivers, two weeks after the murder of a college student who got into her killer's car mistakenly believing it was her ride.
- Visual China fined over false photo copyright claims
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 11:02:38 -0400
Visual China Group Co Ltd, the largest Chinese stock images provider, said on Thursday that a subsidiary has been fined by internet authorities, days after it falsely claimed copyright of prominent images.
- China's Huawei makes second attempt at Brazil smartphone market
Thu, 18 Apr 2019 10:48:09 -0400
China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd is making a second attempt at cracking the Brazilian smartphone market, the fourth-largest in the world, with the launch of two high-end handsets this month, after its cheaper offerings failed to catch on earlier in the decade.