|Channel: Reuters: Top News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/topNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Charges of cheating amid confusion over Thailand's election result
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 05:12:41 -0400
Two major political parties raised doubts on Monday about the accuracy of Thailand's election results after a party linked to the military took a surprise lead in the popular vote count that suggested the country's junta chief could remain in power.
- 'Time's up, Theresa'? PM urged to set her own exit date to get Brexit deal
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 05:06:08 -0400
British Prime Minister Theresa May was under pressure on Monday to give a date for leaving office as the price to bring Brexit-supporting rebel lawmakers in her party behind her twice-defeated European Union divorce treaty.
- 'Flashing amber': Global stocks tumble, bonds rally on U.S. recession risk
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 05:03:13 -0400
Investors ditched shares on Monday and fled to the safety of bonds as risk assets fell out of favor on growing fears of a U.S. recession, sending global yields plunging.
- Boeing invites pilots, regulators to briefing as it looks to return 737 MAX to service
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:57:13 -0400
Boeing Co said it invited more than 200 global airline pilots, technical leaders and regulators for an information session on Wednesday as it looks to return the 737 MAX to commercial service.
- Ethiopian Airlines CEO promises to find out why flight 302 crashed
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:57:13 -0400
Ethiopian Airlines will work with investigators in Ethiopia, the United States and elsewhere "to figure out what went wrong with flight 302", the airline's CEO Tewolde Gebremariam said on Monday.
- Thailand's pro-army party says aims to form government after election
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:50:22 -0400
Thailand's pro-army Palang Pracharat party said on Monday it aims to form a government after winning the most votes in the country's first election since a 2014 coup.
- Ethiopian Airlines has no immediate plans to attend Boeing's U.S. meeting
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:46:52 -0400
Ethiopian Airlines won't attend a meeting in the United States called by planemaker Boeing to tell aviation leaders about a planned update to software that is a focus of investigation in two deadly crashes, an airline spokesman told Reuters on Monday.
- UK might not leave EU at all if May's deal fails: Fox
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:43:51 -0400
British trade minister Liam Fox said on Monday that Britain might not leave the European Union if Prime Minister Theresa May's deal is not approved by parliament, triggering a democratic and constitutional crisis.
- New Zealand PM announces royal commission inquiry into Christchurch attack
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:39:00 -0400
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced on Monday a royal commission, a powerful form of public inquiry, into the events leading up to a March 15 attack on two mosques in Christchurch that killed 50 people.
- Netanyahu to cut U.S. visit short after seven wounded in rocket attack near Tel Aviv
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:32:28 -0400
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday he will cut short his trip to the United States after a rocket attack near Tel Aviv wounded seven people.
- Israel accuses Hamas of rocket strike, media say new troops head for Gaza
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:30:36 -0400
Israel's military accused Hamas of carrying out a rocket strike from the Gaza Strip on Monday, and Israeli media said troop reinforcements were being sent to the border of the Palestinian enclave.
- UK ministers meet to discuss parliament's bid for Brexit control: source
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:27:02 -0400
British ministers will discuss how to address parliament's attempts to take control of Britain's departure from the European Union at 0900 GMT on Monday before a meeting of Prime Minister Theresa May's cabinet team, a government source said.
- Thailand's Thaksin-linked party says aims to form coalition government
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:24:49 -0400
The Pheu Thai party linked to Thailand's self-exiled former leader Thaksin Shinawatra said on Monday that it had opened negotiations with other anti-junta parties to try to form a government, though the results of Sunday's general election remain unclear.
- Apple invites Hollywood to Silicon Valley in TV push
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:03:36 -0400
Apple Inc is expected to finally lift the curtain on Monday on a secretive, years-long effort to build a television and movie offering designed to compete with big media companies and boost digital services revenue as iPhone sales taper.
- U.S. Navy, Coast Guard ships pass through strategic Taiwan Strait
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:02:52 -0400
The United States sent Navy and Coast Guard ships through the Taiwan Strait on Sunday, the U.S. military said, as part of an increase in the frequency of movement through the strategic waterway despite opposition from China.
- UK PM May told Brexiteers she'll quit if they vote for her deal: ITV
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:01:37 -0400
British Prime Minister Theresa May told Brexit-supporting lawmakers on Sunday that she would quit if they voted for her twice-defeated European Union divorce deal, ITV news said.
- UK's May has lost confidence of cabinet and party: lawmaker
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 03:52:13 -0400
British Prime Minister Theresa May has lost the confidence of her senior ministers, lawmakers and party members, and should step down, said Andrew Bridgen, a Conservative lawmaker who supports a hard Brexit.
- UK's May must go once her Brexit deal clears parliament: lawmaker
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 03:34:59 -0400
British Prime Minister Theresa May should be given time to get her Brexit deal through parliament before making way for someone else to lead the next phase of negotiations with the European Union, a eurosceptic lawmaker from her Conservative Party said.
- Britain can still avoid no-deal Brexit, says EU Commissioner Moscovici
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 03:14:15 -0400
EU Economic Affairs and Tax Commissioner Pierre Moscovici said on Monday he believed Britain would not leave the European Union without a withdrawal agreement.
- Brexit up in the air as May pushes divorce deal for third time
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 02:48:35 -0400
(This March 24 story corrects to show the petition is to revoke Article 50, not for another vote)