|Channel: Reuters: Top News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/topNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Chinese Premier Li says talks on South China Sea code should end in three years
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:49:08 -0500
China's Premier Li Keqiang said on Tuesday that Beijing hoped a consultation with Southeast Asian nations on a code of conduct in the disputed South China Sea would be completed in three years, and that such an deal would bolster free trade.
- Vice President Pence pushes Japan for bilateral free trade agreement
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:46:02 -0500
U.S. Vice President Mike Pence, keeping up pressure on Japan to cut its trade surplus with the United States, said on Tuesday American goods and services too often faced barriers in Japan and a bilateral trade agreement offered the best way forward.
- Trade war and censors blow chill wind through China's giant tech scene
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:43:06 -0500
Wang Miaoyi's small one-bedroom apartment, which doubles as her design studio, is overflowing with game magazines, figurines and boxes of sci-fi novels.
- Amazon picks NYC and Northern Virginia for its split "HQ2": source
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:38:41 -0500
Amazon.com Inc plans to announce on Tuesday that it has selected New York and Northern Virginia as locations for its second headquarters, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Monday.
- Goldman Sachs 'cheated' Malaysia over 1MDB: PM Mahathir
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:35:02 -0500
Goldman Sachs Group Inc "cheated" Malaysia over its dealings with state fund 1MDB which is the subject of corruption and money-laundering investigations, Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad told CNBC in an interview aired on Tuesday.
- Democrat Sinema wins Senate seat in Arizona
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:19:40 -0500
Democrat Kyrsten Sinema defeated Republican Martha McSally to win a close U.S. Senate race in Arizona after last Tuesday's elections, in a Senate pickup for Democrats in a state that had not elected a Democratic U.S. senator for 30 years.
- Asian shares sell-off on Wall Street tech rout, oil slides
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:38:06 -0500
Asian shares skidded on Tuesday, pressured by a tech rout on Wall Street and a slump in oil prices, while political risks in Europe buoyed the dollar as investors dumped riskier assets.
- Apple's Asia suppliers fall amid fears of weak iPhone sales
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:17:06 -0500
Shares in Asian suppliers and assemblers for Apple Inc fell on Tuesday due to profit warnings that point to weakness in iPhone sales.
- Northern California wildfire kills 42 to rank as deadliest in state history
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:16:25 -0500
Search teams have recovered the remains of at least 42 people killed by a devastating wildfire that largely incinerated the town of Paradise in northern California, making it the deadliest single wildland blaze in state history, authorities said on Monday.
- California's PG&E reports outage in area at time Camp wildfire erupted
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:08:37 -0500
California utility PG&E Corp reported on Monday that it experienced an outage on a transmission line in the area of the raging Camp Fire early in the morning of last Thursday shortly before the fire stated.
- Paradise lost: Grim search under way in incinerated California town
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:07:36 -0500
Experts in identifying human tissue joined California police and firefighters on Monday in sifting through the charred debris of homes destroyed in the most devastating wildfire in the state's history, searching for remains of 228 missing people.
- U.S. think tank says at least 13 undeclared missile bases identified in North Korea
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:57:05 -0500
A U.S. think tank said on Monday it had identified at least 13 of an estimated 20 undeclared missile bases inside North Korea, underscoring the challenge for American negotiators hoping to persuade Pyongyang to give up its nuclear weapons and long-range missiles.
- At least 42 killed in northern California wildfire, now deadliest in U.S. history: sheriff
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:48:46 -0500
Remains have been recovered from at least 42 people killed by a devastating wildfire that largely incinerated the town of Paradise in northern California, making it the deadliest in U.S. history, the Butte County sheriff said on Monday.
- Trump seeks end of Florida recount; Democrats win Arizona U.S. Senate seat
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:32:20 -0500
U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday urged Florida election officials to end a recount and declare his fellow Republicans the winners of disputed races in last week's elections, while Democrats picked up a U.S. Senate seat in Arizona.
- Factbox: Too close to call - U.S. federal, state elections still in flux
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:32:20 -0500
Democrats took control of the U.S. House of Representatives in the Nov. 6 elections and Republicans held onto a majority in the U.S. Senate, but more than a dozen races remain undecided nearly a week later.
- U.S. acting Attorney General will consult with ethics officials on possible recusals
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:28:47 -0500
Acting U.S. Attorney General Matthew Whitaker will consult with ethics officials about any matters that could require him to recuse himself, the Justice Department said on Monday, after critics called on him to step aside from overseeing a Special Counsel probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
- Israel-Gaza border ignites after botched incursion; four dead
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 21:00:15 -0500
Palestinian militants on Monday carried out their most intensive shelling of Israel since the 2014 Gaza war in retaliation for a botched cross-border commando raid, drawing Israeli air strikes against Hamas' television station and other targets.
- U.N. chief Guterres urges maximum restraint in Gaza: spokesman
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 20:23:09 -0500
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Monday urged all sides to exercise maximum restraint after Palestinians in Gaza fired scores of rockets and mortar bombs into southern Israel and Israel launched retaliatory air strikes, a U.N. spokesman said.
- Stan Lee, creator of Spider-Man and other Marvel superheroes, dead at 95
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 19:29:09 -0500
Stan Lee, who dreamed up Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Panther and a cavalcade of other Marvel Comics superheroes that became mythic figures in pop culture with soaring success at the movie box office, died at the age of 95, his daughter said on Monday.
- How the Florida recount will unfold - and why it matters
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 19:23:39 -0500
Florida elections officials are racing to recount ballots this week after razor-thin voting margins left the state's marquee contests for the U.S. Senate and governor too close to call.