|Channel: Reuters: Top News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/topNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Documents on Trump ex-lawyer's porn star hush payment released
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:24:02 -0400
Hundreds of pages of documents regarding hush-money payments by Donald Trump's former personal lawyer Michael Cohen to a porn star and a Playboy model who said they had sexual encounters with the president were made public on Thursday, offering a window into a probe that began last year and landed Cohen in prison.
- Iran's Revolutionary Guards impound foreign ship in the Gulf: state TV
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:11:51 -0400
Iran's Revolutionary Guards has seized a foreign ship smuggling fuel in the Gulf, state television quoted Iran's elite force as saying in a statement on Thursday.
- Explainer: What's at stake in Sudan's transition?
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:09:43 -0400
Sudan's ruling military council and an alliance of protest and opposition groups have signed a political accord on a three-year transition toward elections.
- Iran seizes foreign tanker, U.S. vows to protect vital Gulf waterway
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:05:28 -0400
Iran said on Thursday it had seized a foreign tanker smuggling fuel in the Gulf, and the U.S. military commander in the region said the United States would work "aggressively" to ensure free passage of vessels through the vital waterway.
- Global stocks slip as U.S.-China trade war drags on corporate earnings
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:00:31 -0400
Global shares slipped on Thursday on growing signs that a trade dispute between the United States and China was taking a toll on corporate earnings, with nerves spreading from Wall Street through Asia to European markets.
- U.S. Democratic candidate Warren targets private equity in new Wall Street proposals
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:47:04 -0400
U.S. Democratic presidential hopeful Elizabeth Warren on Thursday called for an overhaul of the private-equity industry as part of a new proposal targeting Wall Street.
- Wall St. dips as trade worries weigh; Netflix tumbles
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:40:18 -0400
U.S. stock indexes edged lower on Thursday as investors awaited more developments around trade, while Netflix posted a surprise drop in U.S. subscribers, kicking off earnings for the FAANG group of stocks on a sour note.
- Argentina brands Hezbollah terrorist organization, freezes assets
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:39:44 -0400
Argentinian authorities designated Hezbollah, which it blames for two attacks on its soil, a terrorist organization on Thursday and ordered the freezing of the Lebanese Islamist group's assets in the country.
- U.S. removing Turkey from F-35 program after its Russian missile defense purchase
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:21:58 -0400
The United States said on Wednesday that it was removing Turkey from the F-35 fighter jet program, a move long threatened and expected after Ankara began accepting delivery of an advanced Russian missile defense system last week.
- Turkey says defense firms face temporary losses after F-35 removal
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:21:58 -0400
Turkish defense companies may face temporary losses after a U.S. decision to remove Ankara from the F-35 fighter jet program but the industry will emerge stronger as a result, the head of Turkey's Defense Industry Directorate said on Thursday.
- Turkey expresses 'unease' to US over its removal from F-35 program: CNN Turk
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:20:47 -0400
President Tayyip Erdogan's spokesman expressed "unease" on Thursday in a telephone call with U.S. National Security Advisor John Bolton over Washington's decision to remove Turkey from its F-35 program, broadcaster CNN Turk said.
- Unbowed, Trump intensifies attacks on four Democratic congresswomen
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:12:56 -0400
President Donald Trump stepped up his vilification of four liberal lawmakers as un-American at a raucous rally on Wednesday, underscoring that the attacks will form a key part of his strategy for winning re-election in 2020.
- UK foreign minister calls U.S. 'send her back' chanting deeply concerning: TV
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:12:56 -0400
British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said on Thursday that chants at a President Trump rally of "send her back" were deeply concerning, Channel 5 reported.
- UK lawmakers back proposal to hamper a no-deal Brexit
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:12:28 -0400
British lawmakers on Thursday backed proposals to make it harder for the next prime minister to force through a no-deal Brexit by suspending parliament, showing again their determination to stop a divorce from the European Union without agreement.
- UK business and international development ministers both abstained on Brexit vote: aides
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:11:44 -0400
Britain's business minister and international development minister both abstained in a key vote on Thursday which the government lost, aides said, defying an instruction from Prime Minister Theresa May.
- U.S. labor market still strong; mid-Atlantic factory activity rebounds
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 09:57:50 -0400
The number of Americans filing applications for unemployment benefits increased moderately last week, pointing to still strong labor market conditions despite signs that economic activity was slowing.
- UK PM May disappointed by ministers' voting after Brexit loss
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 09:48:23 -0400
Outgoing British Prime Minister Theresa May was disappointed ministers did not vote with her on Thursday, her office said, after lawmakers backed a plan that would make it harder for her successor to force through a no-deal Brexit.
- Bid to stop no-deal Brexit is counterproductive to Northern Ireland legislation: PM May's spokesman
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 09:28:31 -0400
Measures to try to force the government to report every two weeks on talks to restore the Northern Irish executive would be counterproductive to those negotiations, a spokesman for British Prime Minister Theresa May said on Thursday.
- Verizon resurrects media business as safe haven on the internet
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 09:05:48 -0400
Banning pornography from Tumblr was not necessarily meant to define Verizon Media's strategy to turn around a collection of Internet has-beens. But that is how it has played out.
- UK government seeking further information on seized foreign tanker reports: spokeswoman
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 08:05:11 -0400
Britain is seeking further information on reports Iran has seized a foreign tanker in the Gulf, the government said on Thursday, urging the Iranian authorities to de-escalate tensions.