|Channel: Reuters: World News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/worldNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Charges of cheating amid confusion over Thailand's election result
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 05:12:41 -0400
Two major political parties raised doubts on Monday about the accuracy of Thailand's election results after a party linked to the military took a surprise lead in the popular vote count that suggested the country's junta chief could remain in power.
- Wife of missing Interpol chief seeks Macron's help during Xi visit
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 05:11:19 -0400
The wife of the missing Chinese former head of Interpol said she had written to French President Emmanuel Macron to ask for his help on the eve of a visit by his counterpart Xi Jinping.
- 128,000 people in makeshift camps after Mozambique cyclone: minister
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 05:09:39 -0400
The number of people in makeshift camps after a powerful cyclone in Mozambique has risen by 18,000 to 128,000 but the death toll remains roughly unchanged at 447, Land and Environment Minister Celso Correia said on Monday.
- Death toll from China pesticide plant blast rises to 78
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 05:07:39 -0400
The death told from a massive explosion last week at a pesticide plant in eastern China rose to 78 on Monday, with 13 people listed as being critically injured, as the government again pledged stricter safely controls, state media reported.
- 'Time's up, Theresa'? PM urged to set her own exit date to get Brexit deal
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 05:06:08 -0400
British Prime Minister Theresa May was under pressure on Monday to give a date for leaving office as the price to bring Brexit-supporting rebel lawmakers in her party behind her twice-defeated European Union divorce treaty.
- UK's May should not resign over Brexit: pensions minister
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 05:05:23 -0400
British Prime Minister Theresa May should not resign in the face of intensified criticism from her own Conservative Party over her handling of Brexit, work and pensions minister Amber Rudd said on Monday.
- China says Xinjiang trips very successful, slams U.S. 'slander'
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:58:38 -0400
Trips organized by China's government to the western region of Xinjiang for diplomats and reporters have been very successful at showing people the true situation there, the foreign ministry said on Monday, denouncing U.S. criticism as "slander".
- Boeing invites pilots, regulators to briefing as it looks to return 737 MAX to service
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:57:13 -0400
Boeing Co said it invited more than 200 global airline pilots, technical leaders and regulators for an information session on Wednesday as it looks to return the 737 MAX to commercial service.
- Ethiopian Airlines CEO promises to find out why flight 302 crashed
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:57:13 -0400
Ethiopian Airlines will work with investigators in Ethiopia, the United States and elsewhere "to figure out what went wrong with flight 302", the airline's CEO Tewolde Gebremariam said on Monday.
- India's opposition Congress promises 72,000 rupees to poor if voted back
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:53:55 -0400
India's main opposition Congress party will give 72,000 rupees ($1,045) a year to the country's poorest families if it is voted back to power, its president said on Monday.
- Thailand's pro-army party says aims to form government after election
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:50:22 -0400
Thailand's pro-army Palang Pracharat party said on Monday it aims to form a government after winning the most votes in the country's first election since a 2014 coup.
- Ethiopian Airlines has no immediate plans to attend Boeing's U.S. meeting
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:46:52 -0400
Ethiopian Airlines won't attend a meeting in the United States called by planemaker Boeing to tell aviation leaders about a planned update to software that is a focus of investigation in two deadly crashes, an airline spokesman told Reuters on Monday.
- UK might not leave EU at all if May's deal fails: Fox
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:43:51 -0400
British trade minister Liam Fox said on Monday that Britain might not leave the European Union if Prime Minister Theresa May's deal is not approved by parliament, triggering a democratic and constitutional crisis.
- New Zealand PM announces royal commission inquiry into Christchurch attack
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:39:00 -0400
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced on Monday a royal commission, a powerful form of public inquiry, into the events leading up to a March 15 attack on two mosques in Christchurch that killed 50 people.
- Netanyahu to cut U.S. visit short after seven wounded in rocket attack near Tel Aviv
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:32:28 -0400
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday he will cut short his trip to the United States after a rocket attack near Tel Aviv wounded seven people.
- Israel accuses Hamas of rocket strike, media say new troops head for Gaza
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:30:36 -0400
Israel's military accused Hamas of carrying out a rocket strike from the Gaza Strip on Monday, and Israeli media said troop reinforcements were being sent to the border of the Palestinian enclave.
- UK ministers meet to discuss parliament's bid for Brexit control: source
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:27:02 -0400
British ministers will discuss how to address parliament's attempts to take control of Britain's departure from the European Union at 0900 GMT on Monday before a meeting of Prime Minister Theresa May's cabinet team, a government source said.
- Thailand's Thaksin-linked party says aims to form coalition government
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:24:49 -0400
The Pheu Thai party linked to Thailand's self-exiled former leader Thaksin Shinawatra said on Monday that it had opened negotiations with other anti-junta parties to try to form a government, though the results of Sunday's general election remain unclear.
- India, Pakistan spar over alleged religious conversion of Hindu girls
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:16:28 -0400
India and Pakistan are quarrelling over reports of an alleged kidnapping and religious conversion of two Hindu girls in mostly Muslim Pakistan last week.
- New Zealand PM says she will meet President Xi in China
Mon, 25 Mar 2019 04:13:51 -0400
New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Monday she will travel to China at the end of the week for a meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping, amid concerns of strained relations between the countries.