- Several Parkland school shooting survivors say they have PTSD
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 07:00:58 -0400
Point fingers in lawsuit at school system and sheriff's office, saying they weren't adequately protected
- Teens killed friend after man offered $9M to record "rape and murder"
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 06:59:26 -0400
Indiana man implicated in the murder of an Alaska teenager had allegedly promised millions of dollars to the teens who killed her in exchange for images of the killing
- Saudi crown prince should face probe over Khashoggi killing, UN official says
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 06:44:00 -0400
Special Rapporteur releases 101-page report blaming Saudi Arabia for journalists murder, and saying there's "credible evidence" heir to Saudi throne should be investigated
- Dozens of farmworkers in Calif. vineyard exposed to pesticide
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 06:19:06 -0400
Three brought to hospital; they were all near field that was being sprayed when wind shifted
- Transcript: Anna Fifield on "Intelligence Matters"
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 06:05:53 -0400
Washington Post journalist and author Anna Fifield has a new book on Kim Jong-Un's surprising rise to power
- Kim Jong-un's surprising rise to power: Author Anna Fifield
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 06:04:09 -0400
"On his eighth birthday, he was presented with a general's uniform, complete with gold buttons and epaulets," Fifield told Michael Morell, on this week's episode of "Intelligence Matters"
- Intelligence Matters: A CBS News original national security podcast
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 05:57:00 -0400
"Intelligence Matters" is a weekly podcast about national security and policy hosted by CBS News senior national security contributor Michael Morell
- Meeting over cops' confrontation with black couple gets heated
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 05:27:25 -0400
Phoenix mayor and police chief booed, hear calls for officers' firing in wake of video showing cops pointing guns, shouting after girl's shoplifting
- Starving polar bear wanders into Siberian city looking for food
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 05:06:20 -0400
Hundreds of miles from where it should be hunting, emaciated bear seen poking around on industrial estate for food
- Allegiant Air: The budget airline flying under the radar
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 02:42:57 -0400
Steve Kroft investigates Allegiant Air, a discount carrier known more for its ultra-low fares than its high record of in-flight breakdowns.
- 6/18/19: Red and Blue
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 01:32:59 -0400
Pres. Trump officially kicking off 2020 campaign; Jon Stewart calling out Sen. Mitch McConnell.
- 6/18: CBS Evening News
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 00:53:16 -0400
Patrick Shanahan withdraws from consideration as defense secretary; Third graders take action after finding a workbook error.
- 6/18/19: CBSN Evening News
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 00:49:02 -0400
Patrick Shanahan drops bid to lead Pentagon; Third graders teach book publisher history lesson.
- Chaos at Honolulu airport after false report of shooter
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 00:08:12 -0400
The terminal was evacuated, leading to flight delays as passengers were forced to go through security checkpoints again
- Trump campaign kickoff rally was "like we were throwing back the clock to four years ago"
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 23:31:02 -0400
President Trump gave his official re-election campaign rally on Tuesday night in Orlando, Florida, touching on many of the themes from the 2016 campaign. Ed O'Keefe and Major Garrett join CBSN to discuss.
- Trump launches reelection bid in Florida
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 23:22:00 -0400
Over the weekend, the president's campaign fired several of its pollsters after numbers showing him trailing former Vice President Joe Biden in key states leaked
- Buttigieg reinforces bodycam order after South Bend shooting
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 22:33:08 -0400
South Bend Police Department's body camera activation policy requires officers to "activate their body cameras during all work-related interactions with civilians"
- Trump's campaign chief says end of Mueller probe a "good thing"
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 22:01:25 -0400
President Trump is formally kicking off his re-election bid. Major Garrett met with his campaign chief, Brad Parscale, for a rare interview. He discussed the latest polls, immigration and the end of the Mueller probe.
- Trump vows "millions" of undocumented immigrants will be removed
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 22:01:25 -0400
President Trump tweeted that "millions" of undocumented immigrants will be removed. But he offered no specifics about mass arrests or deportations. Jeff Pegues reports.
- 3rd grade class takes action after finding error in workbook
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 22:00:00 -0400
"... they knew that Columbus didn't land in the United States of America, he landed in the Caribbean islands," said their teacher
- How some Instagram accounts are exploiting the Sudan crisis
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:45:21 -0400
As the political crisis in Sudan worsens, global humanitarian organizations have turned to social media to raise both awareness and money. It turns out, some of those accounts are actually fake. In her latest piece for The Atlantic, Taylor Lorenz highlights how some Instagram accounts claim to be helping people in Sudan, when they're actually just a ploy to gain more followers. She joins CBSN's Tanya Rivero.
- Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale predicts "electoral landslide"
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:44:55 -0400
President Trump's campaign manager, Brad Parscale, cast doubt on recent polls and predicted the president would win in an "electoral landslide" if the election were held today. Parscale's exclusive interview with CBS News chief Washington correspondent Major Garrett comes the day of Mr. Trump's reelection launch with a rally in Orlando, Florida.
- White House reacts to Patrick Shanahan withdrawing as Defense Secretary nominee
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:27:17 -0400
The White House knew about a violent domestic dispute between members of outgoing Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan's family that derailed his expected nomination to become the permanent secretary, according to two administration officials familiar with the matter. CBS News White House Producer joins CBSN's Tanya Rivero for a closer look.
- Oregon officials kill bear because it became "habituated" after humans took selfies with it
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:22:12 -0400
A young black bear was killed after it had been spotted several times near Henry Hagg Lake in Oregon, state wildlife officials said. The bear had become "habituated" or accustomed to the area after people left food for it. KOIN-TV's Jennifer Dowling reports.
- 3rd graders take action after finding a workbook error
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:14:44 -0400
A group of third graders in Oneonta, New York, were frustrated when they found a problem in a math workbook. So they decided to contact the publisher. Chip Reid explains.
- Bear killed in Oregon after officials say it became too friendly
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 20:31:00 -0400
The bear had become "habituated" or accustomed to the area after people left food for it
- $1 billion worth of cocaine seized in massive drug bust
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 20:25:00 -0400
The drug bust netted approximately 16.5 tons, making it the largest in history in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Investigation finds military housing contractor ignored dangerous conditions
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:49:03 -0400
An investigation by CBS News and Reuters found one of the military's largest housing contractors apparently misled the Air Force to qualify for bonus payments. The FBI is investigating. Omar Villafranca reports.
- Recent deaths in the Dominican Republic raising concerns
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:48:03 -0400
At least seven American tourists have died this year while on vacation in the Dominican Republic, one of the most popular destinations in the Caribbean. Questions remain about their deaths. Mola Lenghi has the latest.
- Australia's ABC News issues humorous response to Trump tweet
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:48:00 -0400
"G'day! As much as we appreciate the shout-out, we think you meant @ABC?" wrote the broadcaster in response
- Alex Jones sanctioned by court after child porn dispute
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:39:47 -0400
A court filing claims the InfoWars founder may have committed "a serious federal crime," but it's unclear if he knew about the images
- Dog returned home after it was allegedly stolen by Wag walker
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:39:00 -0400
A New York City couple is hoping to raise awareness after their beloved Shih Tzu Yorkie, Benny, was stolen from their Battery Park apartment by a Wagâ dog walker
- Flesh-eating bacteria becoming more common on East Coast
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:25:16 -0400
The dangerous bacteria can infect wounds in your skin â and even the seafood you eat
- Former XFL star "He Hate Me" reported missing
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:20:46 -0400
Rod Smart's family is worried about his safety and well-being and the Lancaster County are investigating
- Patrick Shanahan withdraws from consideration as defense secretary
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:17:03 -0400
Patrick Shanahan is withdrawing from consideration to be the defense secretary amid reports of domestic incidents. In 2010, Shanahan and his ex-wife each claimed to have been punched by the other. David Martin reports.
- Pompeo says Trump "does not want war" with Iran
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:16:03 -0400
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with leaders of the U.S. Central Command to discuss ways to counter Iran after recent attacks on two tankers. He said the president "does not want war." Charlie D'Agata reports.
- "CBS Evening News" headlines for Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:16:03 -0400
Here's a look at the top stories making headlines on the "CBS Evening News."
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump camp confident as reelection bid kicks into gear
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:13:05 -0400
President Trump's campaign manager Brad Parscale is predicting Mr. Trump will win in "an electoral landslide"
- "Sex, power and control": NXIVM sex cult case heading to N.Y. jury
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:06:35 -0400
Women testified that they were duped into joining a secretive sub-sect of the purported self-help group, branded and groomed for sex
- Joe Biden visits New York City's Stonewall Inn ahead of uprising anniversary
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:04:21 -0400
Biden posted video to his Instagram story with a bar patron saying "hey Joe, can I have a beer?"
- What we know about tourist deaths in the Dominican Republic
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:01:16 -0400
At least seven tourists have died so far this year in the Dominican Republic after arriving on the island healthy
- Trump says millions of undocumented immigrants will be removed
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 18:53:33 -0400
The president insists the roundup would begin next week
- Another cancer-causing chemical found in blood-pressure pills
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 18:49:03 -0400
Online pharmacy tells FDA it found carcinogenic solvent in valsartan heart drugs made by companies including Novartis
- Walmart filed more drone patents than Amazon in 2018
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 18:44:20 -0400
As the two retail giants crank up their speedy delivery wars, they filed a total of 110 patents for drone technology
- As of today, Parscale says Trump would win in "electoral landslide"
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 18:37:00 -0400
CBS News chief Washington correspondent Major Garrett interviews President Trump's campaign manager, Brad Parscale
- John Cusack apologizes for retweeting apparent anti-Semitic image
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 18:34:00 -0400
"Made a mistake retweeting that â as I said â and sorry," he later tweeted
- Meet Facebook's Libra, a digital currency for the social network
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 18:27:00 -0400
The company is partnering with big names like Visa, Mastercard, Uber and Spotify to create a new global cryptocurrency
- Ocasio-Cortez claims U.S. is running "concentration camps"
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 18:06:00 -0400
The Democratic congresswoman from New York worries Americans could lose the U.S. "to an authoritarian and fascist presidency"
- Why investment pros are worried even as stocks near new highs
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:10:00 -0400
The S&P 500 came with 1% of its all-time high on Tuesday, but the market may only be climbing proverbial wall of worry
- White House knew of Shanahan domestic incident for months, officials say
Tue, 18 Jun 2019 16:40:00 -0400
Shanahan's expected nomination to become defense secretary was on track "even of this morning," an administration official told CBS News