|Channel: World - CBSNews.com
|RSS File: http://www.cbsnews.com/feeds/rss/world.rss
|Description: old node id:202 From CBSNews.com
- Zimbabwe's president to meet with military leaders
Sun, 19 Nov 2017 00:32:30 +0000
Leaders of Zimbabwe's ruling party are said to be making plans to oust longtime President Robert Mugabe. Mugabe will be meeting with military leaders who are trying to force him out. Debra Patta reports.
- Trump administration backing down on the decision to lift ban on elephant trophies
Sun, 19 Nov 2017 00:05:06 +0000
President Trump put a temporary stop to a controversial plan that some said amounted to a death sentence for African elephants. Roxana Saberi is following the story.
- Egypt detains prominent activist over protest
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 21:54:26 +0000
Mahinour el-Masry has been ordered to remain detained until a Dec. 30 court date
- U.S. Navy ship scraped by Japanese tugboat
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 20:08:50 +0000
The USS Benfold sustained minimal damage, including scrapes on its side, the Navy said
- Zimbabweans flood the streets demanding president's ouster
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 17:10:40 +0000
Crowds marched through Zimbabwe's capital Saturday to demand the longtime president's departure
- Top general says he would resist "illegal" nuke order from Trump
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 23:05:16 +0000
"We think about these things a lot. When you have this responsibility, how do you not think about it?"
- State Department admits low morale, as it defends reorganization
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 16:07:03 +0000
"Please don't give up. Don't give up on this building. Don't give up on what America's doing."
- Blazing fireball lights up Arctic sky with "glow of 100 full moons"
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 18:57:39 +0000
Experts were scrambling to calculate its trajectory and find where it landed
- Trump administration threatens to shutter Palestinians' D.C. office
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 18:04:47 +0000
Palestinians fired back, saying they will suspend all communication with the Trump administration if that happens
- Zimbabweans celebrate president's expected ouster
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 13:00:34 +0000
There are celebrations on the streets of Zimbabwe Saturday morning. Residents are hoping this week's house arrest of long-time president Robert Mugabe eventually leads to his ouster. Debora Patta reports from Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Russia halts further chemical weapons inspectors in Syria
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 01:30:36 +0000
After the vote, Nikki Haley said Russia's actions were "simple and shameful"
- Trump to delay decision on importing elephant trophies
Sat, 18 Nov 2017 00:54:59 +0000
Trump tweeted he is putting the decision on hold so he can "review all conservation facts" with Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke
- The most heavily Christian countries on Earth
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 22:16:10 +0000
See which countries around the world have the largest percentage of Christians in their populations
- Argentine navy loses contact with submarine carrying 44
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 20:37:21 +0000
The Navy said that ships and aircraft were searching near the last known location of the ARA San Juan which had not been heard from since Wednesday
- North Korean defector had "enormous number" of parasites
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 19:45:00 +0000
The largest worm that was removed from the patient's small intestine was 11 inches long
- Casualties reported after helicopter, aircraft collide in mid-air near London
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 16:37:48 +0000
Authorities say a helicopter and an aircraft have been involved in a mid-air collision close to the village of Waddesdon
- Mugabe makes first public appearance amid pressure to exit
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 13:39:51 +0000
Branches of the ruling party begin to pass no-confidence votes in the world's oldest head of state
- NASA's 20-year time-lapse shows how Earth is changing
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 13:28:32 +0000
A stunning new NASA time-lapse video crams 20 years of Earth into just a few minutes. It is helping scientists learn a lot more about global warming and how the earth is changing. Chip Reid reports.
- Trump's reversal of elephant trophy ban sparks debate
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 13:28:18 +0000
Big game hunters are celebrating a Trump administration policy change, but animal rights advocates are furious. The Fish and Wildlife Service will allow hunters to bring so-called elephant trophies from Zambia and Zimbabwe into the U.S. The Obama administration had banned imports of ivory tusks and other elephant parts. Don Dahler reports.
- Toto Riina, notorious Mafia boss, dead at 87
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 11:53:55 +0000
Riina was the alleged mastermind of a bloody strategy to assassinate Italian prosecutors and law enforcement trying to bring down the Cosa Nostra