- Family adopts "micro pig," then it grows to 650 pounds
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 20:36:03 -0500
They were told she'd never exceed 70 pounds, but the internet's favorite pig is now 650!
- Egyptian president alarmed over high divorce rates, eyes crackdown
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 19:30:58 -0500
President el-Sissi suggests measures to make divorces more difficult to obtain
- Israel okay's 2,500 new Jewish homes in Palestinian territory
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:24:34 -0500
Election of Trump in U.S. has emboldened supporters of settlement expansion, deemed illegal by many nations
- Rescued puppies lift spirits in avalanche aftermath
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 14:20:07 -0500
The death toll from the avalanche climbed to 15 on Tuesday, but rescuers were given a small ray of hope
- As hope for avalanche survivors fades, tragedy strikes again
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:32:58 -0500
Not far from where hotel was hammered by deadly avalanche, a rescue helicopter carrying an injured skier has crashed
- How Sofar Sounds is redefining the live music scene
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:16:09 -0500
Sofar, or Songs From a Room, is bringing fans and musicians closer than ever, with live performances in intimate settings like homes and offices
- Puppies survive avalanche in Italy
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:02:10 -0500
Three puppies are providing a glimmer of comfort in the aftermath of a deadly avalanche in central Italy. On Monday firefighters pulled the 1-month-old white sheepdogs from the wreckage of a hotel. They were buried for five days.
- Sofar promotes music gigs in secret locations
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:01:17 -0500
An intimate performance in London shows a new way to experience live music. It's called Sofar, or songs from a room. The gigs are popping up in cities around the world. The audience is asked to be respectful, with no texting and no talking. Jonathan Vigliotti reports on the musical movement started by an American in London.
- Syria, rebels agree to bolster truce, and keep talking
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 12:48:02 -0500
Russia, Turkey and Iran commit to use "their influence over the parties" to keep ceasefire alive so peace talks can continue next month
- Israelis react to possible U.S. embassy move to Jerusalem
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:00:17 -0500
President Trump's press secretary says the U.S. is in the "early stages" of deciding whether the American embassy in Israel should be moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Mr. Trump says he plans to move it, but Israeli officials see the statement as an effort to buy time. Seth Doane reports from Jerusalem.
- TPP members try to salvage pact after Trump drops it
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 12:24:56 -0500
Australia, Japan, Singapore, and New Zealand leaders discussing the ways to go on with the trade partnership without the U.S.
- No evidence of wrongdoing found so far in Flynn's contact with Russia
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 12:52:15 -0500
National Security Adviser Michael Flynn scrutinized for his contact with Russia and the scope of the investigation seems to be expanding
- Why Robert Gates says Trump must "thread the needle" on Russia
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 12:44:14 -0500
The former CIA director and defense secretary was highly critical of the president during the campaign
- Israeli views on possible U.S. embassy move to Jerusalem
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 13:29:38 -0500
Depending whom you ask, moving embassy to contested holy city is either "the moral thing to do," or it risks starting "world war three"
- British Supreme Court gives landmark ruling on "Brexit"
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:41:16 -0500
Justices rule overwhelmingly that Parliament alone -- not the prime minister -- has the power to trigger exit from European Union
- CBS News goes inside Mosul University, newly recaptured from ISIS
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 00:51:22 -0500
CBS News' Charlie D'Agata is inside Mosul, Iraq, where ISIS militants turned a university into a chemistry lab producing explosives
- Women's marches are over; what's next?
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:50:11 -0500
Millions turned out this weekend for the women's marches around the country. Now the challenge becomes harnessing that energy into political success. Dean Reynolds reports.
- CBS News goes inside recaptured Mosul University
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:52:57 -0500
In the battle to recapture Mosul from ISIS, Iraqi forces' most recent victory was retaking Mosul University. ISIS fighters used it as a weapon factory. Charlie D'agata goes inside.
- Paris tries a self-driving, train-linking minibus
Mon, 23 Jan 2017 20:59:07 -0500
In a city hit by chronic pollution and traffic problems, officials are hope the self-driving, free service will "change the urban landscape"
- Results are in after China ends "One Child" policy
Mon, 23 Jan 2017 20:07:30 -0500
There were 17.86 million births last year, Beijing says, leading to call for 140,000 new maternity health workers